Please check your email .
Our client are looking for a Sales Manager to join their team based in the UK. This position can be based in Chelmsford or Grimsby.
The role of the Sales Manager, is to identify, develop and secure the sale of installation, O & M services and related offshore wind contracts, charters or consultancy within the key markets of Offshore Renewables. Key to success will be the individual's ability to build, develop and manage an effective sales pipeline, thoroughly qualify opportunities and manage communication & information flows regarding sales opportunities, bids and contract negotiations between the client, the Commercial and Tendering Team and other departments within the business or JV's as necessary during the sales cycle (lead through contract award).
In addition to this the role is responsible for the development of an annual Sales & Marketing plan, a Sales Pipeline, Forecast and agreed set of Key Account Management plans, alongside appropriate management reporting and sales team objectives. This role is key in delivering annual financial targets and a 5 year business plan.
- Ensure suitable Sales objectives are in place and captured in the CRM system. Manage the day to day sales activity to achieve a bid to contract ratio of 5:1, whilst ensuring the financial and strategic objectives of the company are met every year
- Develop a sales and marketing plan which ensures both new and existing customer relationships are in place to ensure the client is the provider of choice in its chosen power markets. Ensure account management plans are in place for all key accounts and provide timely sales input in to the annual marketing plan and events
- Ensure comprehensive completion of and adherence to the sales qualification and prioritisation process which ensures only those opportunities that present the best chance of conversion to contract, and support the successful delivery of the clients financial and strategic plan, are aligned with the Bids and Proposals team
- Working alongside the Sales Director and Commercial and Tendering Manager, to ensure all relevant technical and commercial aspects of the bid are clearly understood by the Sales lead, as well as the Proposal Engineers. Ensure that Sales and Proposals are closely aligned during the opportunity lifecycle through to contract award or loss
- Ensure the Sales lead responsible works closely with the proposals lead to produce a comprehensive proposal document, approves same before issue to client and follows up on all bid submissions within 10 working days of the submission date, providing feedback to the Proposals team re same
- In conjunction with the Sales Director / Commercial & Tendering Manager , agree margins to be applied to proposals to reflect market pricing intelligence, inherent risk levels, the client's Value Propositions as well as the business plan targets for each market sector
- Ensure sales team proactively provides input into Vessel Resource Meeting, clearly understands utilisation levels, alongside any gaps and is focussed to secure work to address same
- Provide the Managing Director / Sales Director with regular reports related to all relevant sales, market and competitor activity including an accurate Sales Pipeline, Forecast and Key Account Plan data set
- Set and manage the annual Sales budget
- Other tasks as may be reasonably requested by line manager from time to time
- Minimum of 5 years Senior Sales or Business Development experience in a similar role, within the Offshore Renewable sector
- Experience in managing a remote and culturally diverse team
- A good understanding of contractual terms and conditions, risk management and RQHSE practices
- Extensive experience in sales, negotiating and closing major contract
- Excellent interpersonal, management and reporting skills
- Good working knowledge of Share-point MS Office and CRM systems
- Willingness to undertake frequent periods of domestic and international travel
- A thorough understanding of tendering protocol.
- Extensive network of contacts
- The Sales Manager is to have key stake holder management skills and develop engagement at senior levels alongside the Sales Director
- To develop and build a sales team in line with the 5 year strategy plan to grow the business to the levels required
- To undertake the required training to achieve a Head of Sales and then Sales Director role for the clients business unit.
- Commercial and enabler training in line with company procedures
The client have a very competitive bonus scheme which is from 50% - 200% of annual salary!!
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.