Please check your email .
Key duties and responsibilities of the role which you will undertake with supervision and training are as follows:
• Undertaking desk top studies and site walkover inspections;
• Supervising small to medium scale intrusive site investigations
• Costing and procuring of work from sub-contractors
• Assisting senior members of the team with tendering works and cost control
• Logging of soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:1999, Amendment 1, BS EN ISO 14688 and BS EN ISO 14689;
• Scheduling of geotechnical and environmental laboratory analysis
• Groundwater and ground gas monitoring
• Preparation of health and safety documentation including risk assessments and method statements
• Production of factual desk studies and site investigation reports including the input of fieldwork data into HoleBase and
assisting the Data Manager where required
• Production of interpretative reports - geotechnical and/or contamination to gain experience
• Liaison with client and other staff within WYG as required.
• Develop relationships with existing clients and explore opportunities for new ones
This opportunity would suit a highly organised, motivated and enthusiastic geo-environmental professional keen to learn
and develop experience in site investigation and associated management and reporting.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• First degree in geology, environmental science, earth sciences, environmental engineering or similar
• High level of motivation and a desire to learn
• Strong interpersonal & team working skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Full UK Driving License.
• Experience in site investigation including soil and rock logging and gas and groundwater sampling and monitoring
• IOSH Safe Supervisor course or equivalent, CAT scan course First Aid and CSCS qualifications. A preference will be
given to candidates who have experience of contaminated land investigation, remediation design, supervision and
management of National Grid Property sites.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.