Please check your email .
Software Engineer C# C++
Holyhead, Anglesey, Wales
Vacancy Type Permanent
Positions Available 1
Our client has supported the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) with the UK Military Flying Training System (UKMFTS) since 2006 and with its partners is responsible for training the UK's next generation of world-class fighter pilots.. The role is based on a customer site in Anglesey, although will require occasional travel and support to other customer sites.
You will be working in a small team and will be responsible for the development and testing of simulation and training products. This primary focus will involve software development and support, but additional tasks may include conducting trade studies, requirement analysis, system design, test planning and resource allocation.
Due to the complexity of the system there will be a high level of coordination with team members and the extended team in the US. Good communication skills are therefore essential.
Vacancy Location RAF Valley
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience using C++.
- Minimum of 5 years experience using C# (preferably with UWP, XAML, and WPF).
- Experience in developing using Object Oriented methodologies.
- Experience in developing multi-threaded applications.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows GUI based development.
- Understanding of Networking including TCP/IP and UDP protocols.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and associated processes.
- Willingness to travel as required (Domestically and internationally) to support program objectives.
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience [JP] - Previous Flight Training Simulation experience.
- Previous Strong 3D Math skills, (including practical knowledge of vectors and vector operations, matrix and matrix transformations, Euler angles and quaternions).
- Development experience using Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality or Virtual Reality technologies.
Clearance Required for Role SC
Clearance to Start BPSS
Our client recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.