Please check your email .
Technical Support Engineer
Due to increased growth, up to 30% per year, our client are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join their team in Bedfordshire. They are an international business and one of the global leaders in the power systems field. Further to their continual growth, they offer a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, where ideas and hard work are recognised and well-rewarded.
The Technical Support Engineer serves a lead engineer and undertakes power system
analysis and design whilst providing expert technical support. The role offers the opportunity to work, gain training and experience as part of a growing and dynamic UK based engineering team supporting a range of industry sectors, including the power industry.
• Responsible for performing power system analysis and design covering a range
• Undertake electrical system analysis and studies including load flow studies,
short circuit studies, motor starting, harmonic analysis and protection studies.
• Support development activities including product support, software
testing, and other related tasks.
• Proactively assist with product technical support, technical demos and
• Attend industry lead events including the management of exhibitions, seminars,
• Communicate with colleagues, management, Clients, vendors, and others in a
• Understanding of and compliance with all regulations, policies, work procedures,
• Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• 7 + years of relevant experience in electrical power system analysis and design;
• Capability to utilize standard engineering and mathematical concepts and
principles in the
• design, coding, and testing of software components;
• Working knowledge of and other power system analysis software
• Proficiency in modelling and analysis for industrial and distribution power
• Familiarity with Power Management System concepts and applications;
• Strong analytical skills for use in response to technical queries from Clients;
• Computer skills related to the creation of reports and presentations in MS Word,
MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
• BEng in Electrical Engineering (power modules required)
• MEng in Power System Engineering (preferred)
• CEng is an advantage
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.