Please check your email .
Senior Java Software Engineer - Basildon - 3 months initially - £60 per hour - INSIDE IR35
ARM are working with a global automotive company who are looking to bring in a Java Developer on a contract basis.
- Develops software with a paired partner to deliver user stories that contribute to a valuable working software product.
- Develops automated unit tests with working software, to confirm software functionality conformance to functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develops automated functional tests to confirm user story acceptance and to detect regression defects.
- Performs exploratory testing to confirm application execution and to identify software deficiencies not covered by automated testing.
- Reviews continuous integration build status and fixes build failures.
- Improves continuous integration tooling by automating manual processes within the delivery pipeline and improving quality gates based on past learnings.
- Reviews ongoing production software operations and troubleshoots production issues.
- Implements tooling that monitors application performance metrics and automatically notifies team when a failure occurs in production.
- Active participant in all team agile ceremonies:
o Backlog Refinement/Storyboarding
o Iteration Retrospective
- Guides and coaches other software engineers on product teams.
- Strong Java development
- Strong C++ development
- Experience developing cloud based software services
- Experience of PL/SQL
- Strong TDD (Test-Driven Development)
- Continuous integration (eg Jenkins, Maven)
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Comfortable level developing in all tiers of application software: front-end, mobile, back-end and database.
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Knowledge and practical experience of agile delivery
Senior Developer/Consultant level
- Experience of full stack development
- Experience of build and test automation and continuous integration
- Experience of microservices
- Experience of mentoring junior team members.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.