Please check your email .
Do you have skills and expertise to help manufacturing Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) de-risk and accelerate innovation?
Do you have experience and understanding of technologies and manufacturing to a level that commands the respect of owner managers in SMEs?
To work with Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to help de-risk and accelerate innovation and growth in SMEs by the application of digital manufacturing best practice, new research led technology, techniques and knowhow. The role will provide SMEs with access to a range of technology area and subsequent new opportunities for innovative products, processes and business models.
The companies SME Group are seeking to appoint several Innovation Managers to help to deliver on our new Digital Innovation for manufacturing project. The project will help manufacturing supply chain SMEs become more productive and competitive via the application of manufacturing best practice, new research led technology, techniques and knowhow.
The Group aims to accelerate SME economic growth through research-led innovation and raising productivity and international competitiveness, and ultimately making more in the UK.
The ideal candidate will be a practitioner and have a background in technology, engineering and innovation applied to manufacturing industries, particularly in relation to digital and advanced manufacturing technology for product process or business operational improvement.
You should have proven ability to deliver, to client satisfaction, innovative solutions and have industrial / commercial experience or previous high level interaction with companies.
Experience in a management role and / or with technology consulting is essential.
The ideal candidate will have a background in one (or more) of the following:
" Evaluation, analysis and design of inter and Intra Company supply chains and associated systems;
" Business Transformation, Digital Supply Chains, Supply Chain Innovation, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, Manufacturing Operational Efficiency, Business Models.
Preferably with relevant experience in one or more of the following areas:
" Mobility, Food and Packaging, Transport and Logistics
" Collaborative R&D in SMEs e.g. via Innovate UK, Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, APC, UKRI
The success of the project involves working hands-on with SMEs to help them become more productive and competitive via the application of industry best practice, new research led technology, techniques and knowhow, working closely with the company’s research groups.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To provide specialist technology based support to SMEs, giving them a technology led competitive advantage through the implementation of new solutions and exploiting the knowledge within HVM Catapult (HVMC) and the company. This will include raising awareness (running technology demonstrations, workshops and internships) and carrying out collaborative projects (delivery and project management where SMEs realise ideas and adopt new technologies). This will help businesses to develop new products and generate project outputs and High Value Manufacturing Catapult Key Performance Indicators (KPI) such as research and development collaborations and business engagements
2. To promote research and development collaboration, to identify, write and manage complimentary SME project funding applications. This could include bidding activities under EU programmes and national programmes (Innovate UK, APC, Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, UKRI) and identifying partners and funding calls.
3. To work with the Head of SME Programmes and senior colleagues to develop and update advisory services and content for SMEs.
4. To champion specific technology offerings from the SME group. To ensure that engagement delivery data required by the project is regularly and consistently available.
5. To keep up to date with SME business relevant developments within the appropriate specialist HVM Catapult area and ensure that the outputs of the R&D, within the appropriate specialist area, are useable for SMEs.
6. To develop, manage and maintain client relationships to ensure that the solution is sourced/ implemented and that business engagements and other KPI measures are accurately recorded and monitored by the project team. Assist with the overall management of partner relationships and develop an active interest in our services from potential partners and major company/corporate clients. This will include the operation of innovation networks.
7. Support the HVM Catapult five year business plan which includes:
7.1. Leverage the wider capability of the company and our University and Business partners
7.2. Develop, grow and anchor supply chain capability (make more in the UK)
7.3. Promote technology transfer and know-how between sectors (e.g. rail, marine, aerospace)
Possession of honours degree, 2:1 or with significant equivalent experience
Experience in a technology leadership, management or consulting role with a background in either Materials and Manufacturing, Digital Manufacturing or Business Transformation
Experience in one or more of:
Evaluation, analysis and design of supply chains and systems;
Digital Supply Chains, Supply Chain Innovation, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, Manufacturing Operational Efficiency, Business Models
Industrial / commercial experience or previous high-level interactions with companies (ideally with SMEs) or other user organisations
Experience of working with academic staff gained within a University, or extensive experience working within industry, from large corporations to small business in a senior technology or engineering role
Experience and understanding of technologies and processes to a level that commands the respect of senior managers in SMEs and enables a discussion with specialist academic staff, including the ability to influence where necessary
Previous project management, planning, resource and reporting experience, including the ability to manage and report on multiple interventions
Understanding / knowledge of Manufacturing with relevant experience in either: the UK's Low emission mobility agenda; supporting collaborative R&D capability or UK National and Regional growth plans and strategies
Proven ability to deliver, to client satisfaction, innovative solutions
Excellent client relationship management and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to evaluate business needs and quickly identify technical solutions to solve business problems utilising appropriate product or service technologies
Proven ability to work in multi-functional teams with partner organisations and to manage delivery
Excellent analytical, oral and written communication, organisational and presentational skills to all levels of staff
The ability to work on multiple concurrent projects with short timescales
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.