Please check your email .
Contract Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Home based with occasional trip to the office – Uxbridge
Starting 1st September ideally.
Our client is looking for a talented Senior Software Embedded Engineer to join its dynamic team to develop challenging embedded, real-time software applications and device drivers for the medical, automotive, defence and industrial sectors. This position offers an experienced engineer an excellent opportunity to grow software design, systems design and team leadership skills in a dynamic, supportive environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will design, implement, test and debug embedded software for a range of applications including medical imaging, automotive and acoustic signal processing. You will work with leading edge technology alongside highly skilled engineers and program managers, all with proven track records of executing demanding projects. The role will include:
- Leading or contributing to system design
- Design and implementation of embedded software in C and other languages
- Test and debug of embedded systems using a variety of commercial and in-house tools
- Use of version control systems
- Creating requirements, design and test documents
- Contributing to electronics design
- Contributing to project planning and status review
- Execution to an agreed project plan
- Liaising with the client and the clients team
- Potential travel to clients premises for integration testing and support
- Qualified to BSc and desirably an MSc in Electronics, Computer Science, Physics or Maths
- Minimum of five years developing embedded C and/or embedded C++
- Development of real-time software
- Debug of embedded electronics
- Familiarity with embedded and real-time software debugging techniques
- Full software product development life-cycle experience
- Working knowledge of structured and object orientated design
- Design of embedded electronics
- Task estimation and project planning
- Experience in DSP or signal processing
- Knowledge of User Interface development or the .NET environment
- Application of UML and use of object oriented design tools
- Software development using other languages e.g.:
- JAVA, C#, Python, Ruby, Perl, C-Shell, Bash scripts
- Modelling and simulation using Matlab and Simulink tools
- Familiarity with embedded coding standards and methodologies
- Experience in developing Medical Device software
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong team player and capable of working on your own.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent time manager
- Dedication and desire to complete projects to tight deadlines
- Team leadership skills
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.