Please check your email .
Embedded Software Engineer / Software Safety Engineer
Havant (Hampshire/South Coast)
Up to £60k
Hours per Week 37.5
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with a working level understanding of Software Safety or Safety Critical Systems.
This position is to work on the current and future MOD/Defence programmes based in Havant, including supporting the Merlin Helicopter and new Maritime Programmes including Crowsnest.
This role would suit an Embedded Software Developer looking to make a move into Software Safety in the long term.
Support and training will be given in areas you are less proven in, including the Systems Safety aspects of this role. Our client is looking to develop people to fill this role.
This role is open to people who may not consider themselves a Software Safety Expert but who would like to develop a career in this complex and very technical field.
Specific Job Description:
• Functional Safety Assessments to identify safety related software and firmware in Ada95 and C++ (Training given)
• Derive safety requirements, including software/firmware integrity requirements
• Document software safety arguments and software safety cases/PESS
• Technical management of supplier software safety to ensure compliance to standards and acceptance
• Review subcontracts software safety documents, including Software Development Plans, Software Safety Plans and associated artefacts
• Lead the Programmable Elements Safety Working Group
• Plan and conduct software safety audits, managing findings to closure
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Please note -Working and current knowledge of:
• Defence and commercial safety standards such as Def-Stan 00-055, IEC 61508, RTCA DO– 178C, RTCA DO254
• Software Safety Case development, including the use of the Adelard Safety Case Editor (ASCE)
• Programme Element Safety Summary (PESS) development in accordance with Def-Stan 00-055
• Experience of the software development environment commensurate with Safety Integrity Level 2
• Understanding of the impact of using COTS PE in a safety related environment
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Application of current safety standards at the ‘systems integration’ level
• Experience of Preliminary Hazard Analysis, System Hazard Analysis and Functional Failure Analysis
• An understanding of the implication of derived safety requirements, including integrity requirements assigned to programmable elements
• Recent, relevant application of Def-Stan 00-056 and 00-055 in an aircraft prime contract/system integration environment
• Experience of the software development environment commensurate with Safety Integrity Level 3
• Hazard Management using eCassandra
• Technical management of suppliers to achieve objectives to quality and on time
• Current auditing experience
Clearance Required for Role SC
Clearance to Start BPSS
Our client recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.