Please check your email .
Permanent paying up to £50,000p/a
Do you have an extensive Engineering background and looking to make that next step in your career path?
Have you ever thought what it would be like to work for a company where you could be working on a solution for the defence industry and then the next the gaming industry? What a contrast and variety...
I am recruiting for an Engineering Lead on a permanent basis in Hampshire paying up to £50,000p/a (depending on level of experience)
You will be required to get involved in all Engineering decisions, development plans and risks as you will be responsible for overseeing system and component level development of our products to ensure commercial success.
What will your day look like as the Engineering Lead?
- Reporting into the Head of Engineering, you will work closely with the engineering and commercial teams to identify and prioritise product requirements, provide technical input with respect to commercialisation as well as building and executing engineering processes and practices with customer feedback as a cornerstone.
- Being a 'roll our sleeves up and get stuck in' environment you will need to have a real hands-on approach.
- Your primary responsibilities will be as the domain expert and advocate for the development and full implementation of the overall design package. This will include design, verification, cost analysis, drawing development, managing project schedules and working within the cross functional teams.
- As well as the above you will also have the support of the team so along with this naturally comes a responsibility for their technical output, including task allocation and monitoring, as well as providing mentoring and help to identify and support their training requirements.
- To help ensure designs meet requirements including functional, cost and time constraints you will also be responsible for defining, managing and maintaining the control systems, processes and tools needed to deliver quality design appropriate to the needs of the customer.
- Manage/ own the full implementation of the design process and as the subject matter expert ensure the right technical decisions are made to assure product requirements and to help identify and resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
What experience is required from you?
- Extensive experience in mechanical and electronic design for technology products
- Experience working as an Engineering Lead within a multi-disciplined team
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical, Electronics or similar technical discipline
- Excellent experience using CAD systems
- A natural leader with a positive and enthusiastic outlook.
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 framework
- Excellent technical documentation assessment and writing skills
It would be desirable (not essential) if you have any of the following also:
- Experience of working on Defence contracts
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes and testing methodologies for computer based products
-Good working knowledge of Product Data Management Systems (preferably Epicor)
If this is something that you are interested in then please send your CV to email@example.com or give me a call on 02392 228 244 for more information.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.