Please check your email .
Communications Officer – Filton
6 month contact (with potential to extend)
35 hours per week
As the Communication Officer you will be reporting to management in the UK and France, you will be responsible for pro-active media engagement on behalf of a Commercial Aircraft company in the UK.
· The primary focus is on Filton pro-active communication and you will work closely with the Head of Communication and the UK Media Manager to deal with reactive media enquiries, ensuring responses are aligned to corporate messaging and lines to take.
· In addition, you will plan and deliver internal and external communication activities which support the promotion of and engagement in the company in the UK’s employee-led Charity Challenge scheme, and associated activities across Broughton and Filton sites. This will involve some administrative tasks such as leading and managing a network of volunteers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· You will contribute to the effective management of Commercial media relations activities, proactive and reactive, with measurable results. This includes managing media visits in-line with various processes and ways of working, and supporting media activities led by Toulouse and London
· Produce high-quality communications products – including speeches, Lines To Take, briefing documents, Tweets and press releases – which are fully aligned with corporate stances on various topics.
· Help oversee and lead management of the company in the UK Twitter account, ensuring a network of contributors is identified and contributing effectively.
· Responsible for ensuring all internal and external communications activities relating to the Charity Challenge scheme in the UK are planned and delivered.
· Linked to your areas of responsibility, produce content for the full range of company internal communication tools and explore opportunities to enhance and add to the toolkit where possible (e.g. apps).
· Work in partnership with colleagues in internal communication, external communication and community relations to ensure you are contributing to content management processes.
· Experience of writing and delivering internal and external communications.
· Comfortable and confident dealing with journalists.
· Excellent interpersonal skills – adaptable, flexible and able to communicate with people at all levels both inside and outside of the organisation.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Dynamic and enthusiastic
· Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role – experience of dealing/managing both internal and external communications for a company is essential. We need someone who will come in and is prepared to roll their sleeves up and churn out press releases and run internal campaigns. We don’t need strategy.
· Looking for someone who has experience of managing both internal and external communications including:
- Writing press releases
- Writing internal news channels
- Dealing with journalists
- Producing high quality communication documents
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.