Please check your email .
Disc Jockey (Cruise Ship) - $ Competitive salary per month on board
ARM is seeking candidates for Disc Jockey positions on board some of the most prestigious cruise ships travelling the world.
Whilst being responsible operating music, lighting, and video equipment to produce a mixture of dance music and video clips for a variety of categories onboard the vessel, the main responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Maintains up-to-date musical inventory for a variety of categories 1. such as, but not limited to, classic top 40, dance oriented rock, Latin, classic disco, reggae, and classic rock. Prepares and submits monthly CD order form to replenish stock or update current inventory. Maintains and supervises music playing equipment.
- Serves as master of ceremonies in various lounges or nightclubs throughout the vessel. Operates music and video equipment to produce a mixture of dance music and video clips for a variety of categories such as, but not limited to, classic top 40, dance oriented rock, Latin classic disco, reggae, and classic rock.
- Motivates the audience and maintains an awareness of the demographics and their reaction to the selections being played. Makes adjustments to capture their attention.
- Participates in shows and events presented by the Cruise Director's Division by taking part in skits, and/ or simple dance routines. Instructs, organizes or facilitates various activities and/or tournaments. May serve as master of ceremonies for activities.
- Operates spotlight equipment for production shows according to instructions as needed, when stage staff are required to perform duties backstage. Attends mandatory rehearsals as required. Assists in the coordination of audio or visual equipment for events as needed.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years professional Disc Jockey experience with o the ability to motivate an audience based on their demographics
- Master of ceremonies or professional entertainment experience with resorts, cruise lines, entertainment or recreational industries preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of variety of music categories such as, but not limited to, classic top 40, dance oriented rock, Latin, classic disco, reggae, and classic rock.
- Ability to operate a variety of music audio and lighting equipment.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world's leading Cruise lines and become part of an outstanding multi-cultural team that continues to win awards in all categories.
Please contact us to discuss current rotations and salary levels. We are arranging interviews now so please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.