Please check your email .
International Ambassador (Cruise Ship) - $ Competitive salary per month on board
ARM is seeking candidates for International Ambassador positions on board some of the most prestigious cruise ships travelling the world.
Whilst being responsible for providing language assistance and translation to non-English speaking guests, the main responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage and coordinate the International program throughout all service related departments onboard the vessel.
- Assist guests with translating spoken passages, documents, and other material from one language to another.
- As schedule permits, visit international guests during dinner to provide assistance.
- Prepare a variety of documents and announcements including the 5 core languages utilizing the professionally translated copy deck.
- Answer enquiries, offer suggestions, and provide descriptive literature in various languages pertaining to shore-excursions, onboard activities, entertainment etc.
- Identify shipboard employees who speak other languages which may be required to assist guests with translation.
- Serve as a host and/or verbal translator for any type of event or activity with a large amount of non-English speaking guests.
- Work closely with various Guest Services staff with aspects of customs and immigration during embarkation and debarkation process.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Ability to speak, read and write English with an additional language mix from four of the following: Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German.
- Customer Service experience utilizing multi-languages in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in hospitality management, business administration, or related field is preferred.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of discretion, patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Proven customer service skills to build and strengthen relationships.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world's leading Cruise lines and become part of an outstanding multi-cultural team that continues to win awards in all categories.
Please contact us to discuss current rotations and salary levels. We are arranging interviews now so please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.