Please check your email .
Associate International Ambassador (Cruise Ship) - $ Competitive salary per month on board
ARM is seeking candidates for Associate International Ambassador positions on board some of the most prestigious cruise ships travelling the world.
Whilst being responsible for providing language assistance and translation to non-English speaking guests, the main responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide consecutive or simultaneous interpretation services for guests requiring language assistance.
- Must demonstrate a strong written command of the applicable languages to provide assistance with translations of a variety of documents and communications for guests; including the daily Cruise Compass, letters and other collateral materials. Also assists with translations for all other departments when foreign language translation is needed onboard.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of collateral materials and coordinate the distribution of in-stateroom materials with the Housekeeping department and all in-language.
- Translate announcements over the public address system.
- Serve as host and/or translator for any type of event or activity with a large number of non-English speaking guests. This includes but is not limited to, the Welcome Aboard Show, Farewell Show, Cruise Staff Cocktail Shows, out island activities, charters, affinity, promotional, incentive, presentations, and various theme night arrangements
- Assist the International Ambassador onboard answering inquiries, offering suggestions, and providing descriptive literature in various languages pertaining to shore excursions, onboard activities, entertainment, etc
- Escort guests on shore excursion tours to assist non-English speaking guests.
- Utilize opportunity to socialize with guests and available for guest assistance.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Ability to speak, read and write English with an additional language mix from three of the following: Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German. Additional language mix may also be one of the following: Japanese, Korean, Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Chinese and Russian. A language proficiency test may be required
- Customer Service experience utilizing multi-languages in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Minimum two years front of house managerial/operational experience in a hotel, cruise line or hospitality industry related field preferred or Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college, university or the international equivalent preferred.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of discretion, patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Proven customer service skills to build and strengthen relationships.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world's leading Cruise lines and become part of an outstanding multi-cultural team that continues to win awards in all categories.
Please contact us to discuss current rotations and salary levels. We are arranging interviews now so please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.