Please check your email .
Security Officer (Cruise Ship) - $competitive per month on board
The Security Officer is responsible to implement and enforce ship’s security policies. The Security Officer is under the supervision of the Chief Security Officer.All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, Environmental, and Safety policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.The Security Officer shall have an understanding of the Safety & Quality Management Program, including his/her responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency Plan and Station Bill.
2. Excellent understanding of the Master’s Rules & Regulations and company’s policy and a thorough knowledge of the Security manual are essential for this position.
3. Be familiar with all duties related to security practices and gangway security.
4. The Security Officer shall through their observations preserve the safety for the guests, Crewmembers and vessel.During security rounds the Security Office shall always be alert and follow the designated procedures. They may be the first person to arrive at the scene of an accident and will have to assess a situation and act accordingly until help arrives.
5. Inform immediately the Staff Captain and the Chief Security Officer of any incident that has occurred.
6. Always be alert to take emergency action with any situation.
7. The Security Officer is otherwise instructed to be an additional spotter around the vessel for any type of problems, being either guest, Crewmembers or ship related.
8. Report immediately an unusual incidents or situations. They shall also report if any abuse of ship’s property or abuse of shipboard regulations are taking place.
It is every employee’s responsibility to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
- Candidate to have a military background.
- Individual should have basic knowledge or awareness of minor criminal activity.
- Must be a certified diver and must have a valid diving certificate.
- Knowledge of security equipment and training on security and anti-terrorist matters.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with guests, department heads and Crewmembers to foresee and resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved with security.
- Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, or related programs.
- Must have STCW Certificate, in the event candidate does not have certificate they must attend the Training Center in Miami prior to joning the vessel.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English, in order to understand and interpret written procedures.This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
-Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand;walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world's leading Cruise lines and become part of an outstanding multi-cultural team that continues to win awards in all categories.
Please contact us to discuss current rotations and salary levels. We are arranging interviews now so please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.