Please check your email .
Purser Printer (Cruise Ship) - $competitive per month on board
Prepares the typesetting and printing of all onboard materials by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies.
1. Each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Reads instructions and schedule, such as schedule of documents to be printed, to determine work for shift. Works without immediate supervision.
3. Utilizes personal computer with various desktop publishing and word processing software packages to create new and/or revise existing formats. Creates artwork and layout for review and approval of department. Implements new designs and retires old designs.
Examples of printed materials include, but are not limited to, daily Cruise Compass, brochures, business cards, tariff cards, telephone directories, special promotional materials utilizing 4 type set colors and various shipboard promotional materials.
4. Provides on-the-job training to less experienced incumbents to strengthen their current performance.
5. Loads paper in printer, or other documents. Sets guides, keys, and switches, enters commands into computer and performs other tasks, to start and operate peripheral machines.
6. Observes machine operation and error lights on machines to detect malfunction.
7. Observes materials printed for defects such as creases and tears.
8. Removes faulty materials and notifies supervisor of error or machine stoppage.
9. Unloads and labels documents for delivery to other worker or tape library.
10. Separates, sorts, cuts, and distributes output.
11. Cleans and supplies equipment operated with paper, ink, film, developing solution, and other materials. Properly disposes of empty cartridges and printing materials.
12. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
13. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties
assigned by their supervisor or management.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues and throughout the ship.
- 2-3 years printing experience in a professional multi-color, high quality print shop.
- Working knowledge of various software packages utilized in a printing environment such as InDesign, Adobe and word processing. Ability to create artwork and layout for a variety of printed materials.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Vocational training and certification preferred.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures.
- This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand;walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world's leading Cruise lines and become part of an outstanding multi-cultural team that continues to win awards in all categories.
Please contact us to discuss current rotations and salary levels. We are arranging interviews now so please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.