Please check your email .
Based in Wilmslow, my clients main UK studio is a vibrant team of over 250 people working in a relaxed and collegiate atmosphere side-by-side with their sister studios in the UK and USA. Benefits of joining them include flexible working hours, pool table and arcade games in the kitchens and a casual dress-code. There are various sports and social groups, unsurprisingly including gaming both table-top and interactive.
My client is looking for a skilled and talented Gameplay Programmer to work on their exciting PC space combat sim. The Gameplay Programmer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems within the Lumberyard Engine.
- Work well in a cooperative, multi-disciplinary team environment to develop and maintain new gameplay features
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed
- Follow best practices, development processes, documentation, and coding standards
- Work with QA, providing the information needed to fully test developed code
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies
- Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise
- Understand requirements from design and work with Senior/Lead programmers to develop solid solutions, systems and features
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements
- Document technical designs with other software engineers
- Reviewing other programmer’s code as required
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with matrices, trigonometry and linear algebra
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Multiplayer networking experience
- Great attention to detail
- A passion for making and playing games
- Work well in a cooperative environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- 3+ years’ experience programming game features and systems, especially player- visible game features
- Potential for occasional overseas travel to visit our other studios
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products
- Lumberyard development experience
- Online game and/or MMO development experience, including client/server development of game features
- Space combat sim development experience
- Passion for science fiction and space exploration
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.