Please check your email .
Assists the Cruise Director with minor to moderate administrative and clerical work. Administratively supports the Cruise Director's division and oversees Wedding and Vow Renewal program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with the Cruise Director to review the requirements of the day’s administration and any other company related correspondence, notices, policies, procedures, and other related details. Administratively supports the Cruise Director’s management team, including the Activities Manager, Adventure Ocean Manager, Open Deck Manager/Sports Supervisor, Head Broadcast Technician and Stage and Production Manager(s).
- Assists with the administration of Bingo.
- Manages wedding program in association with The Wedding Experience.
- Manages administrative duties concerning the following guest programs: Lecturers, Clergy, Honeymooners, Make A Wish, Diamond Theater experience and Explorer Academy.
- Maintains guest library and card room inventory, including ordering additional books for library, maintaining library catalogue, and ordering additional materials as needed.
- Understands the Cruise Director Division’s budget, monitors the balance scorecard drill down and all budget related requests by the Cruise Director.
- Performs administrative duties such as screening telephone calls, answering and sending emails, making and coordinating appointments, scheduling meetings and maintaining filing systems. Takes minutes at meetings and distributes as necessary. Utilizes spreadsheet software packages for basic mathematical formulas and graphic presentation of information. All other correspondence as requested by Cruise Director.
- Reviews guest comments, revenue and rating reports. Compiles analysis and reports for all meetings on behalf of the Cruise Director. Maintains voyage files.
- Manages inventories including gifts and prizes, craft supplies, office inventory and uniforms. Creates all purchasing requisitions on behalf of the Cruise Director’s Management Team, including Activities Manager, Adventure Ocean Manager, Open Deck Manager/Sports Supervisor, Head Broadcast Technician and Stage and Production Manager(s).
- Prepares documents for the Cruise Division, including but not limited to the following: safety meeting minutes, early clearance list, boat drill excuse list, berthing/phone list, expense forms, POS reports, keyman list, cabin inspection report, division sign on/off report, emergency number list, pre-departure checklist, shoreside packets, Gold Anchor Standard updates, SQM and Crew Familiarization forms, waiver packets, and Master’s inspection log.
- Communicates with shoreside HR schedulers for Cruise Director’s division in regards to scheduling issues and blocking ECCR cabins. Disseminates scheduling information accordingly. Ensures all staff have received an evaluation from their appropriate supervisor/manager prior to departing the ship and that evaluation has been entered in the system.
- Manages Time & Attendance Payroll procedures for Cruise Division for end of month and sign-off, and assisting in Payroll distribution and process.
- Operates spotlight equipment for production shows according to instructions as needed, when stage staff are required to perform duties backstage. Attends mandatory rehearsals as required.
- Places print requests when needed for materials necessary for Cruise Staff activities, including Towel Folding, Napkin Folding, Scrapbooking, etc.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with guests, department heads and shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. These duties may include ship activities such as theme nights, game shows, socializing etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world's leading Cruise lines and become part of an outstanding multi-cultural team that continues to win awards in all categories.
Please contact us to discuss current rotations and salary levels. We are arranging interviews now so please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.