Please check your email .
Overview of the role:
As a result of growing demands for their award winning range of diesel engines and an increasing number of exciting engine development programmes, we are seeking a talented Development Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to further their career at the cutting edge of powertrain validation, systems testing, and development.
- You would be responsible for developing our engines to meet challenging requirements for durability and fault free performance.
- Use your engine knowledge and test engineering skills to develop and execute tests to evaluate and validate component/system performance.
Supported by the following skills:
- You will have a good general knowledge of engine systems supported by more specific knowledge in one or more of the following areas, Major castings, Power conversion, Lubrication system, Cooling system, CCV system, Valve train, Air path, Rotating electrics, Front end accessory drive (FEAD), NVH, Strain gauge measurement.
- Designing dynamometer and rig based engine tests, test engineering (e.g. specification of instrumentation, test planning, test automation, data logging)
- Test cell and engine control familiarity.
- Post processing data and post-test evaluation.
- Fault tree analysis / FMEA / practical problem solving.
- Report writing and presenting findings
- A strong engineering background and a Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong general knowledge of diesel/gasoline/gas engine fundamentals, after treatment systems and their application.
33 days holiday, pension, critical illness cover and health care.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.