Please check your email .
Senior Hardware Engineer
Cwmbran, South Wales, UK
Your key deliverables:
· Analogue hardware design (Discrete transistor level, op-amps, comparators, power supply design/understanding etc.) digital design (Flash memories, microprocessor integration and specification)
· Design Documentation based on a V-Cycle Development process (requirement capture, design architecture WCCA (Worst-case circuit analysis), DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), Test planning and product sign-off) – full design life cycle involvement Investigate new technologies for future products and lead support activities for current production products such as field returns and component obsolescence
· Collaborate closely with software and mechanical teams to ensure that product design is fit for purpose
· Utilise appropriate engineering techniques to design within a high volume and low-cost manufacturing environment
· Design for EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) to ensure compliance with applicable standards
· Supervision/mentoring of other engineers
· Degree qualification or equivalent in relevant discipline e.g. electronics/electrical engineering
· Analogue hardware design expertise (Discrete transistor level, op-amps, comparators)
· Digital design expertise (Flash memories, microprocessor integration and specification)
· Software familiarity (Software design constraints, hardware/software boundary specification)
· Mechanical familiarity (Mechanical constraints of electronics design such as thermal, shock/vibration etc.) (desirable)
· Project Management and Time Management (Management of projects from concept to production)
Then we want to hear about you!
What they offer:
· Contract in fast growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. Our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with on-going learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy may subject to background screening.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.