Please check your email .
You would be joining a growing team in Guildford that play a critical role in the engine that has been developed to empower game makers in the company. They focus on building a world-class cross-platform physics engine and features that directly drive innovation. This is developed using an internal Open Source model that invites the company’s best engineers to contribute.
They are looking for passionate, motivated and talented Senior Engineers to join their high calibre team. You would be working as part of a small team, directly engaged with game teams around the globe to deliver outstanding innovation and performance on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iPhone, iPad, Android and new platforms as they emerge. The role will enable you to grow your experience and skills as well the opportunity to travel to other locations and work directly with studios around the globe.
For candidates with the right mix of technical experience and leadership potential, This position provides a stimulating and energetic work environment where you can tackle truly exciting and rewarding projects that make real impact on the games enjoyed by millions.
What you would be doing:
- Collaboratively working to deliver high-quality cross-platform products in C++.
- Play your part to define and grow the engineering culture of teams.
- Working with product and project leaders and your team members to understand customer needs and delivering incredible value in an incremental and high impact way.
- Ensuring their designs are simple and effective with excellent workflows and features.
- Working on documentation and testing in parallel to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of their technology.
- To mentor and coach less experienced engineers.
The next great Software Engineer needs:
- Excellent commercial experience with C++.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with team members on a common code base.
- Great communication skills to be able to work with different individuals and teams; to be able to communicate progress and results and participate effectively in technical and project discussions.
- Advanced background in real-time / time-critical systems & multiple hardware platforms – preferably game platform hardware.
- Passion for good workflows and well-architected software.
- The ability to adapt quickly and effectively to change (i.e. project, team, business-level)
- Proven ability of leadership in one or more discipline i.e. projects, technical products and/or people and teams.
Desirable skills (one or more is helpful but not required!)
- Expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- Low-level application programming – evidence of UNIX, Windows and/or Console OS APIs.
WPF and other GUI design experience
- Graphics or Video experience e.g. Image Processing, codecs, OpenGL, Direct3D, DirectX etc.
- Physics domain expertise and knowledge of game physics and animation.
- Understanding of mechanics, maths and numerical methods.
- Evidence of delivering tools and workflows at an enterprise level e.g. using C# and WPF (or similar) to develop complex applications, and to empower content creators.
- Experience of Agile (Scrum) based software development management and other models
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.