Please check your email .
Assembly Operator – Portsmouth
My client, a well-known company have a great opportunity to join their well-established team based in Portsmouth. They are currently seeking multiple Assembly Operatives to join their team on a 6 months contract basis due to a large peak in work.
What you’ll do:
To perform mechanical integration activities:
• Equipment integration
• Waveguide integration
• Coax cable integration
• DC harness integration and connector mating and de-mating
• Structural component integration
• Test instrumentation integration (thermocouples, heater circuits and accelerometers)
• Wiring activities (crimping)
• Use of basic hand tools (torque tools, screwdrivers, spanners, measurement tools and etc.).
• Basic engineering hand skills (filing, drilling, tapping, heli-coil installation)
• Prepare, apply, handle and dispose of chemical and hazardous substances in accordance with COSHH requirements
What you’ll need:
• Hold a HNC or HND in an engineering production or maintenance field
• The ideal candidate will hold proven assembly experience in high quality manufacturing area. Ideally within the Aerospace industry.
• Experience of detailed assembly and integration
• Basic engineering hand skills and experience using basic hand tools
• Tool control
• Ideally hold experience of handling and use of chemicals and hazardous substances
• Experience use of Measuring equipment, Vernier Callipers / Micrometre
• It would be beneficial to hold experience of installation and removal coaxial cables / DC harnesses and MLI (Multi-Layered Insulation) blanket installation and tailoring experience
• Ideally hold knowledge on RF systems
This can be worked on either a Double Days (Early / Late shift) Monday – Friday 06.00 – 14.00 and 14.00 – 22.00 or on a 4 on 4 off days and nights shift (06.00 – 18.00 and 18.00 – 06.00). Please note Hours worked between 06:00 and 22:00 attract shift up lift of 20% hours between 22:00 and 06:00 attract 33% uplift.
This a contract role for a duration of 6 months based in Portsmouth with a rate of £19.00 LTD / £14.58 PAYE + shift uplift.
For more information please contact Jamie Lee Harris at ARM engineering on 02392458007 or email your CV to Jamie-Lee.Harris@arm.co.uk
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.