Please check your email .
Quality Assurance and Mechanical Inspector
Salary: £18,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year
My client, who design and manufacture products for a wide range of industries including aerospace, defence, medical and automotive are looking for someone to join their inspection team as a Quality Assurance and Mechanical Inspector at their Southampton site.
The successful candidate will be part of a small inspection team. It is mainly a hands on, non-office based role, and requires a practical, methodical and logical approach.
The main responsibilities are:
- Inspection of goods received to verify conformance to specification (mechanical, functional & cosmetic)
- Review of Supplier data & First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) to verify part conformance to specification
- Inspection of finished goods & related documentation to verify conformance to Customer specification
- Inspection of stock & work in progress to verify conformance to specification
- Maintain inspection & test records needed to satisfy the quality requirements of Customers and internal processes
- Provide feedback on adequacy of inspection procedures and equipment
Equipment calibration & maintenance (C&M):
- Co-ordinate the C&M of equipment and facilities
- Organise external C&M and carry out internal C&M
- Review C&M data to verify that equipment is fit for use
- Maintain C&M records
- Monthly reporting of C&M compliance to the Quality Manager
Process Audits & Controls:
-Carry out particulate monitoring of clean environments
- Carry out periodic checks e.g. monthly stock sampling & shelf-life audits
- Maintain records of process controls
- Assist in determining root cause and implementing corrective actions for quality issues
- Liaise with other departments to resolve quality issues and implement process improvements
- Support internal audits to ISO9001:2015
- Perform ad hoc tasks as required
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent & consistent attention to detail
- Experienced in mechanical inspection - proficient in using manual inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers & height gages
- Ability to read and accurately interpret technical drawings
- Good IT skills - specifically Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Experience of working in an ISO9001 environment
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to use basic electronic test equipment
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.