Please check your email .
IT Manager - Banbury
£45,000 - £55,000
If so, we have a cracking opportunity available for an IT Manager on a permanent basis in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
Who are they?
A specialist electric vehicle designer and manufacturer, who specialise in commercial electric vehicles.
They have big plans for the future in electric technology and expect large growth over the coming years.
What do they need?
An IT Manager to enhance the company's use of IT and infrastructure, providing a first-class IT Support mechanism to work hand-in-hand with the Engineering function.
What will I be doing?
* The IT Manager will lead all day-to-day IT Support t for all existing users and internal systems
* Support multiple linked site, VLANs and VPN access to all sites and companies involved
* Administer software licences and setup new user equipment etc for new and existing employees
* Develop improved methods and processes with existing and new software tools.
* Develop relationships with technical partners and suppliers
* To install, set up and maintain the IT -infrastructure assets including Servers, (Linux and Windows)
* Set up and maintain local VoIP equipment
* To set up administer, support video, conference, printers, scanners and other peripheral devices together with CCTV and security systems
* To support the office and plant computer networks management
* To proactively resolve local IT incidents and problem management
* Providing local IT assets operation continuity
* To support and administer plant software deployment
* To carry out research and testing to proactively troubleshoot and refine systems, supporting and educating the team and projects as required.
What will I bring?
* Administration of Linux (especially Ubuntu) and Windows servers
* Stong background in Network and Infrastructure support
* VoIP infrastructure maintenance and support experience
* Experience of working with RTOS Real time operating system would be ideal
* A high level of competence and practical application experience to support and train new and existing users.
* Passionate to drive progress and optimise quality systems and processes
* The ability to work within a changing environment and to manage changing priorities
* Strong attention to detail
* The ability to develop positive relationships and provide an excellent user support experience
* A proactive 'hands on' approach
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.