Please check your email .
Electronics Design Team Leader
Up to £55p/h
Our client is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of a major defence supplier with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
Please note that they work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Specific Job Description
The Technical Design Team Lead has responsibility for the design, development and successful execution of the project schedule.
Technical day to day direction and governance of a mixed skills engineering team working in the following disciplines electrical, electronic, firmware, software and mechanical design.
• Proven experience of development of an Electrical LRU/sub systems from concept to completion following a detailed phase-gate development process.
• Provide guidance and governance to the team in the integration of the LRU deliverables
• Facilitate the development of functional and physical design requirements to ensure complete integrated design architecture.
• Excellent understanding of design and development of electrical/electronic sub systems
• Good understanding of EMC and 28V power systems
• Reporting to project management on execution of a baselined schedule.
• The ability to produce technical documentation to support all activities, from trade studies, requirements documentation, compliance evidence and test documentation.
• Strong team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-managing, driven to get the results needed, great organisational skills.
• Strong Team player.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Formal Electronic/Electrical qualification such as HNC/HND/BEng
• Proven experience and successful delivery of Electronics/Electrical Hardware and Product Development in a military or Hi-Rel industry
• Technical team leadership and delivery
• Experience of EMC and electrical power system compliance, to Def Stan or other military
• Ability to support and manage all aspects of Assembly, Integration and Test
• Internal and external customer design reviews.
• Proven Hardware Sell Off experience through qualification and verification
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience of using DOORS for requirements capture.
• Experience of using a configuration management tool such as Windchill
Clearance Required for Role SC
Clearance to Start BPSS
Our client recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.