Please check your email .
This client is a premium vehicle manufacturer with a heritage that can be traced back to a company that began by making motorcycle sidecars in 1922. They are now a leader in premium saloon and sports cars, as well as all-terrain vehicles.
This position involves CAE Analysis within Suspension Architecture taking ownership to in-house, make-to-print engineering design of suspension components including; sub-frames, suspension links, knuckles, engine brackets, transmission cradles, etc.
Role will require working closely with Lead Engineers to design and development robustly engineering components meeting all customer requirements and with strong documented evidence to demonstrate components are fit for purpose. This is a real opportunity to truely influence the ground up engineering of future products as such a real passion, knowledge and enthusiasum for first principles engineering design is required.
There are 3 key skills required for this position:
- Proven CAE analysis and software experience and the ability to deliver analysis and guide the engineering with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision with a positive attitude and flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
- Proven ability to use CATIA V5 for both solid and surface modelling.
- Proven ability of interpetation of and ability to conduct CAE stress and durability anaylsis (Abaqus, Optistrut, Hypermesh, nCode (fatigue)) to iterate and optimise designs.
- Proven ability to produce detailed engineering drawings including application of appropriate GD&T.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes used in aluminim HPDC and fabricated bracket construction and ability to design for manufacturing compatibility (castings, sheet metal).
- Degree-level engineering qualification or equivalent.
- IT Skills
- Microsoft software skills, excel, power point, etc
- Proven problem solving skills .
- Ability to react quickly to change.
- Knowledge of DFMEA, Engineering Specifications and Design Verification Plans (DVP).
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.