Please check your email .
FPGA Design Engineer
Business Area Missiles and Fire Control
Our client is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of a major defence supplier with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
Please note that they work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Specific Job Description
Our client is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Hardware Electronics Design Engineer for the programmes within the Vehicles Business Area. The role is to develop, test and support Firmware and FPGA designs through to qualification for ground based vehicles.
You will be part of a team reviewing System specifications, writing and capturing product functional requirements, producing VHDL, performing analysis, simulation and testing of the Firmware and FPGA designs.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
The core competences and qualifications for the job are:
• Formal qualification such as HNC/HND/BEng.
• Experience in Firmware Product Development.
• Experience in FPGA (or ASIC) Design and Verification.
• Ability to derive FPGA architectures & requirements from System requirements.
• Experience of using FPGA vendor tools (e.g. Altera/Xilinx/Actel) or third party tools (e.g. Aldec/MentorGraphics) for simulation, synthesis and implementation.
• Excellent VHDL coding skills.
• Ability to produce technical documentation to support all activities, from problem reports, to design reviews and final assembly/test instructions.
• Ability to work in accordance with Firmware process and procedures.
• Strong team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to co-ordinate various stakeholders into unified approach.
• Self managing, driven to get the results needed, great organisational skills.
• Flexibility in tasks undertaken.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
The role requires a working knowledge of the following skills, hence, experience in these areas will be an advantage:
• Microprocessor Design and Interfaces, both digital and analogue, serial and parallel.
• Experience of using DOORS for requirements capture.
• Experience of Schematic Capture and PCB Layout.
• Embedded I/O interfaces – Differential/Single Ended/Safety Discrete interfaces.
• JTAG Design and Programming.
• Awareness of DO-254 and IEC61508 Design techniques for complex logic devices.
• Relevant experience/understanding of the expectations of being employed in a safety critical marketplace (e.g. aerospace/medical/military).
• Ability to support and manage aspects of Assembly, Integration and Test
Clearance Required for Role SC
Clearance to Start BPSS
Our client recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.