Please check your email .
My client is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to take the technical lead on projects, and guide early career engineers. The successful candidate will present to senior leaders and to cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy. Based in Leicester, this is a permanent position.
- Design and validation of mechanical assemblies / fixturing and enclosures to agreed customer and product specifications and project deadlines in both plastic and metal.
- Development and release of design documentation, including: Mechanical component and assembly drawings, Hydraulic and pneumatic circuit diagrams, System assembly drawings and User Manuals
- Participate in FMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify / minimize design risks and optimize design outcome.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Contribute to longer-term design process improvements to drive productivity and efficiency.
- Design Change Initiation and implementation in accordance with our business procedures
- Manufacturing technical support and provide solutions for production related problems
- High standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of 3D CAD tools (Solidworks, Pro/Engineer, etc.)
- Exposure to working in multiple disciplined (electrical, mechanical) design teams
- Knowledge of Design principles for Manufacture and Assembly in a high product mix environment.
- Experience in both Plastics and Metal enclosure design for IP rated electronic equipment
- Background in generation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
- Knowledge of Ergonomic Product Design
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
For more information, please email Vikki.Bacchioni@arm.co.uk
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.