Please check your email .
This automotive client was established over 80 years ago, and have grown out of eagerness to create vehicles that not only rivalled, but surpassed their competitors. There is now an opportunity for you to join this team as a Senior Product Engineer. This is an great opportunity for someone wishing to apply their engine engineering experience and knowledge in a dynamic hands-on manufacturing environment.
If successful, you will have the opportunity to lead a small team with a broad remit to support the engineering of a very high performance gasoline engine family. As the senior member of their Product Engineering Team you will provide:
- Engineering insight into engine part and build issues as they occur in production, including at end of line test.
- Root cause analysis and resolution of production, client, warranty and supply chain issues using structured problem solving methods.
- Supporting continuous improvement projects and working through to conclusion with a cross-functional team.
- Support of supplier, client and internal Engineering changes through the release process.
- Engineering guidance to the rest of the team, including Production, Process Engineering, Plant Quality and Supplier Quality Assurance.
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate effectively to a broad audience and feedback investigation results at senior levels both internally and externally.
- Proactive in leading investigations and resolving Engineering issues – confidence in delivering tasks on time and to a high standard.
- Powertrain Engineering knowledge, with breadth favouring depth. High personal standards of engineering integrity and the drive to achieve a robust solution. Understanding of engine testing & development would be beneficial.
- Fundamental understanding of 8D, FMEA, DVP, structured change control and quality processes.
- Understanding of IATF16949 accreditation.
- Organised, with an ability to multi-task - able to assess, prioritise and respond with urgency to serious issues and balance longer term tasks.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering).
- Automotive awareness and previous experience of TS16949
- Engineering process improvement skills (green belt or similar)
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.