Please check your email .
This automotive client was established over 80 years ago, and have grown out of eagerness to create vehicles that not only rivalled, but surpassed their competitors. There is now an opportunity for you to join this team as a Principal Design Engineer.
The Principal Design Engineer will be expected to lead a team of design engineers to deliver a product, part product or system design within a commercial or research project. Additionally, will assist the Mechanical Design Manager in coaching other Design Engineers to develop design skills and work to the department processes.
Working within an international team, you will be responsible for the design of a wide range of complex engine components in a variety of market sectors from passenger cars to commercial vehicles, using the latest engineering software tools you will be involved in:
- The mechanical design of complex engine components through concept, definitive and detail design phases, for example cylinder head or block
- Working on the latest engine products and expanding in to propulsion systems and energy storage for hybrids and battery electric vehicles
- Take responsibility for the quality of work undertaken and for the technical delivery to the client to time, cost and quality targets whilst meeting product requirements
- Carry out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modelling, basic stress calculations, FMEA’s, 2D layouts, 2D detailing, Tolerance stacks as required
- Creation of technical reports and documentation as required for engineering projects and presenting mechanical designs at design reviews with customers
- Creation of commercial proposal and bid documents including resource modelling, time estimations and planning
- Technical support to the business development team on visits to potential clients
Your skills will include:
- Considerable’ experience designing engine or propulsion system components
- Leadership of product design teams
- 3D CAD skills with at least one major CAD systems (e,g CREO, NX & CATIA)
- Ability to understand and produce technical drawings to high standard with GD&T competency with the confidence to check other engineers’ work
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Confident proactive character, ability to take the lead in challenging situations
- Good communication skills, dealing with other employees, external clients & suppliers in English
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.