Please check your email .
Our client, a successful international business which specialises in the provision of skills and services to both public and private organisations, seeks a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their business in Manchester.
As the successful candidate you will ideally be chartered or working your way towards gaining chartered status, and will have gained experience within a client side or consulting business.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor your tasks will very dependent on the projects and the stage at which the project is at.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
• Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
• Performing risk, value management and cost control.
• Advising on procurement strategy.
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
• Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
• Allocating work to subcontractors.
• Providing advice on contractual claims.
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
• Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
• Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
We're looking for someone who has:
• Degree educated or equivalent in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management.
• MRICS qualified/ near chartered
• Residential/Commercial sector experience
• Strong communication skills.
• A proven track record of managing projects at various levels with accountability for the commercial delivery.
• Able to confidently manage subcontractor accounts.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.