Please check your email .
Rate c. £350 per day
My client is currently looking for a Site Superintendent to work out of Plumstead, as the Site Superintendent you will provide support in relation to the monitoring of jobsite activities by Principal Contractor, subcontractors, suppliers, coordination of interfaces, overseeing of progress, and
productivity of the works and ensuring the works are delivered safely.
Main challenges of the job
- Monitoring (and intervening where necessary) health, safety, quality and environmental performance.
- Recording contractor performance against planned including resources used.
- Recording plant and materials in use and stored onsite.
- Identifying areas for performance improvement in contractor delivery.
- Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Key working relationships:
- Reports to the Project Delivery Manager
- Works closely with Project Field Engineer and Site Managers (if multi-site project), HSE and Community
- Collaborates closely with contractors and subcontractors representatives
- Develops effective working relationships with key stakeholders, sub-contactors and community representatives
- The successful candidate should have reinforced concrete experience, excavation an building finishing / refurbishment experience, extensive temporary works and ideally, working in a live depot environment where interfaces with operations is critical.
- The successful candidate should have experience with working in a rail environment where isolations / possession planning will be critical.
- Ideally candidates will have management, CDM, H&S and quality experience, and NEC contract understanding
- Experience of managing the construction of significant value packages of work on comparable major project infrastructure works
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Must have a zero tolerance to non safe practices and demonstrate a "don't walk by" attitude to all things health & safety
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.