Please check your email .
We are currently on the lookout for an Electrical Systems Field Assurance Engineer to join the heart of the UK’s largest rail infrastructure project.
As the Electrical Systems Field Assurance Engineer you’ll review and approve Operation & Maintenance (O&M) documentation from Crossrail and undertake site visits to validate installations against O&M and as-built information. The role will be both office and site based. The individual must have significant practical and theoretical knowledge and experience in maintaining electrical and control components / systems. Expert knowledge in Low Voltage distribution, Small Power, UPS, Lighting Controls, BMS and Load Transfer Switches.
Your day to day:
• Review and comment on the quality, completeness and accuracy of Operation and Maintenance (O&M) documentation supplied by Crossrail.
• Actively engage Crossrail and work with Tier 1 contractors to resolve open O&M items.
• Undertake reviews and produce materials for safe access and working for field assurance activities
• Review and comment on Test and Commissioning (T&C) data
• Work with Crossrail to drive quality in materials and timely completion of O&M
• Manage and prioritise work to ensure project milestones are achieved, escalating issues in a timely manner
• Provide Engineering input to resolve issues working with Maintenance Engineers and Crossrail.
• Undertake site field assurance visits to validate documentation against installations.
• Compile reports for formal submittal to Rail for London Infrastructure and Crossrail.
• Produce non-conformance reports and escalate issues.
• Interface with key stakeholders.
• Facilitate meetings and workshops to progress closure of issues and present best practices.
• Undertake activities as decided by the line manager to achieve departmental goals.
• Must have significant practical and theoretical knowledge and experience in maintaining electrical and control components / systems. Expert knowledge in Low Voltage distribution, Small Power, UPS, Lighting Controls, BMS and Load Transfer Switches.
• Able to understand complex, technical concepts and translate them into clear, accessible content with accuracy and attention to detail.
• An awareness of Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality practices as applicable to a rail environment.
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Able to work using own initiative and manage own workload.
• Experience of and / or understanding of Project Handover process, Asset Information (O&Ms, Asset Data) would be desirable.
• Confident and professional in face-to-face, phone, email and web communications.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience of working in a railway maintenance environment would be advantageous.
Location: Endeavour Square and Site based
Rate: £Negotiable (role falls inside IR35 and so any successful candidate will have to operate via an umbrella solution)
Duration: 4+ Months
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.