Please check your email .
Mechanical Design Engineer / AutoCAD Engineer
Our client is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors.
If successful you will form part of a small team doing design work on Helicopter Simulators, allowing the MoD to achieve their Merlin Helicopter training requirements for new pilots.
A nominal day routine is worked which includes 24/7 callout support on a roster basis to support the training requirement.
· Maintain and update the Mechanical System Trainers Drawing sets.
· Produce and update CAD drawings as required.
· Maintain processes and procedures for the drawing office to BS308/BS8888:2006, DEF-STAN 05-10 Issues 4 & 5 standards.
· Liaise with CM, QA and Engineering for the certification of drawing sets.
· Maintain drawing office software and hardware requirements
· Maintain drawing borders, registry tool and family trees/BoM.
· Assist in maintenance, fault diagnosis, fault rectification and installation of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Assist in/Carry out sheet metal and mechanical fabrication.
· Assist in electrical and electronic routine servicing, maintenance, fault diagnosis, rectification and system installations.
· Support Modification engineering through design and production of upgrades to the Mechanical System Trainer, Weapons Systems Trainer and Multi-Purpose Trainer
· Adhere to, engineering and logistics’ Standards and Practices in accordance with ISO 9001, MAP 01, MAA MRP 4000 SERIES RA’s, AP 100A-01 and JSP 883 where applicable
· Comply with the current Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or 5 years’ experience in aircraft and/or equivalent engineering and systems maintenance.
• Working knowledge of Configuration Management and Drawing Office principles and practices.
• Be competent in the use of AutoCAD or Catia with experience in a Drawing Office environment.
Our client recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.