Please check your email .
My client is seeking a Process Engineer to provide a professional and technically competent Process & Project Engineering function for UK Chemical Manufacturing, ensuring the safe design and operation of new and existing equipment and systems on site to legislative requirements.
To deliver process engineering and assurance for projects and Management of Change plant changes, including fit-for purpose specification and selection of process equipment, field instruments and safety systems.
- Support the site reliability strategy, ensuring capability is maximized through improved equipment reliability
- There is a requirement to work with and support production with product management requests (PMR); to assist in safe introduction of new blends and products to site, ensuring all process aspects are taken into account
- Drive and champion site process engineering continous improvement projects
- Solve process and operational problems (troubleshooting)
- Proactively investigate areas of engineering & improvements to improve site overall OEE
- Support site engineering and production staff with technical advice, application engineering, incident investigation and project scope definition.
- Develop improvement projects from concept through lifecycle to implementation/delivery; be the lead Engineer on some projects and provide assurance that legislative and company standards are implemented.
- Recommend and implement improvements in the production process. Select and apply engineering techniques to solve problems, assess results for applicability, validity and conformance to specifications
- Assist with specifications for capital equipment procurement projects
- Presentation of work, reports and recommendations to senior management
- Special projects and ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer status
- Significant experience of providing plant Process Engineering support within a chemical/petrochemical industry
- Extensive experience of working on a high hazard COMAH /regulated manufacturing site
- Experience of project management, process improvements and general manufacturing initiatives
- Technical experience in relation to analysis of process equipment, reliability and utilization, including field studies
- Experience of facilitating groups
- Understanding of Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) legislation
- Experience of Project lifecycles & implementation, including PHA, HAZID & HAZOP, LOPA, SIL etc..
- Experience of Management of Change (MOC) system requirements
- Experience of compliance with DSEAR (Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations)
- Implementation of legislative and best practice standards associated with process engineering discipline
- Understanding of improvement techniques as applied to manufacturing
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.