Please check your email .
Software Support Engineer
My client is seeking a Software Support Engineer to assist or conduct various engineering tasks related to the support and development of new and existing products.
- Work independently and as part of the Repair & Field Services team to develop, maintain and support various software projects.
- Advise on controls, PLC software and electrical maintenance issues and upgrades. (Training can be provided)
- Be the Repair & Field Services expert on software, controls and electrical issues for troubleshooting and assistance to customers and client technicians.
- Assist the Lead Controls Engineer and manufacturing in Aberdeen in order to assist with the development, improvement and testing of new and existing products.
- Follow, review and create work instructions and procedures for software and support related activities.
- Provide training and support to Field Service Technicians globally.
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry related codes and standards.
- Perform other assignments as directed by leadership.
- Maintain product and Company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist with the testing of manufactured products.
- Preferred Bachelor's or Associate Degree or 5 years minimum relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of software development, including C#, Visual Basic, .NET Framework, WPF, MySQL Server and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Ability to review, debug and optimise existing software projects.
- Strong understanding of networking and communications.
- Proficient understanding of software versioning tools.
- Experienced in a service based department, where key deliverables are time based.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.