Please check your email .
Operational Support Administrator
Contract - £NEG
Our Client is currently looking for a Operational Support Administrator to provide a wide variety of administrative and project support services to the Operations Directorate through research, analysis and coordination with functional departments and disciplines.
- Prepare reports and studies of a non-technical or a semi-technical nature, using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Review incoming communications, work orders and service requests for subject matter content and direct them to appropriate supervisor's attention.
- Compose routine correspondence in response to requests for department services; answers inquiries from other departments, area offices or outside entities. Monitors all follow-up actions required by supervisor/manager.
- Extract data from reference material, either semi-technical or non-technical in scope. Compiles, analyses and prepares or helps prepare information for studies or reports, such as organisation planning, charts, graphs and work load forecasts.
- Organise material for meetings, presentations and training sessions.
- Operate a variety of audio-visual equipment in the presentation of programs, orientation and conferences.
- Help develop and monitor budget or financial information, such as comparing past costs with future costs, auditing invoices and verifying labour reports.
- Review deliverables of assigned staff and monitors quality to check that all documents conform to established standards and procedures.
- May implement records management program. Maintains files of various historical data.
- Assist the Documents Controller (DC) in their duties, performs the duties of the DC when there is no DC.
- Assist in personnel activities, such as recruitment, policy administration and compensation administration or employee development.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk
Main Challenges of the Job
- Deadlines are usually tight and strict and as such the job can be demanding but it is essential that all deadlines and changing priorities are met.
- Often a requirement to work beyond the parameters of the role by finding an intelligent approach to confronting and resolving problems.
- Keeping up-to-date with latest software systems e.g. Sharepoint, eB etc in order to be a competent and effective administrator in relation to document control skills.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Supervisor; project management and other project team members and Client.
- Relationships, Project team administration staff, Client administration and management, Contractors and their specific field personnel, some non-project service organizations.
- Team sizes approximately 15-20 strong.
- As specifically required to develop budget and work plans and monitor progress on a routine basis.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of technical vocabularies and terminology common to a major civil / rail infrastructure project.
- Working knowledge of administrative functions, including budget and financial functions.
- Some experience of training and supervising staff.
- Experience of developing and analysing information for studies and reports.
- Good working knowledge of software applications, creating spreadsheets with mathematical functions, and enhancing presentation reports.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.