Please check your email .
Head of T&C Strategy and Planning
London - Westferry Circus
Our Client is looking for a Head of T&C Strategy and Planning to ensure that aspects of strategy, integration, QC and compliance, test simulation and problem issue resolution for test and commissioning related activity on Crossrail Ltd are planned and managed in a controlled and safe manner, across all levels of the Crossrail organisation, including the Tier 1 contractors.
Manage, drive and develop the strategy, integration, QC and compliance, test simulation and problem issue resolution aspects for test and commissioning related activity on Crossrail Ltd.
Playing an active role as a senior manager in the T&C team
Assist the T&C Director by playing a full and collegiate role in the leadership, guidance and by way of creative, encouraging and active management input to the T&C team
Develop and deliver strategic objectives and plans to support Programme Management of the testing and commissioning phase of the overall project, focusing around:
- Achievement of integrated cardinal milestones, relating to commissioning and handover;
- Delivery of integration tests.
Set the timetable and process for review of each strategic plan, as agreed with the T&C Director. Actively advise on any required re-development in good time prior to the run up to the next strategic stage (e.g. where modification of a given plan is needed in a specific technical &/or organisational aspect, in good time prior to the end of Dynamic Testing, in preparation for Trial Running).
Be responsible for the preparation, management, maintenance and control of the man-hour budget for the central Testing & Commissioning organisation
Be responsible for risk assessment and mitigation for each and every area of your span of accountability.
Make sure you are informed and understand the financial position of the organisation and how this impacts on decision making.
Understand the operational implications of suggested possible courses of management action relating to T&C Strategy.
As required by the T&C Director, communicate strategies, policies and procedures, as agreed, effectively to personnel involved on the project, ensuring an adequate record of the communication
As required by the T&C Director, contribute to the selection, recruitment, induction and review processes across the T&C organisation
Line manage an agreed range of colleagues, notably T&C Programme Managers, T&C planning and reporting resource and T&C problem issue management personnel, as may be required by the role.
Deputise for the T&C Director, as appropriate and for a span of accountability as agreed in writing. Champion and implement any communication guidelines issued to you by the T&C Director.
Anticipate any potential T&C-related programme "blockers", providing assistance to the T&C Director on the generation of acceptable workarounds.
Work with the T&C Director to make and implement recommendations on the appropriate structure for managing testing and commissioning related communications within CRL and with primary programme interface points.
Work with the T&C Planning and Reporting Manager and T&C Programme Managers to devise and implement an appropriate means of managing the various T&C-related programme media.
Take the lead in drafting responsibility for particular strategy and position papers.
Champion and support the T&C Team's strategy communications internally and externally. To ensure that the T&C team's relationship with other potentially affected parties is viewed in the most positive light.
Contribute to the delivery of the T&C strategy communications through attendance at assigned meetings, or by harnessing assigned relationships (to be decided in consultation with the T&C Director.)
Attend T&C-related thematic working groups, as agreed in writing with the T&C Director.
Contribute to organisation-wide T&C-related initiatives, offering support as necessary to such events as "Day in the Life of", external media coverage, interface with borough councils, LFEPA, BTP, etc., as may be required, and as agreed with the T&C Director.
Mandatory CRL Requirements
- Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
- To be responsible for the management of Health and Safety for direct reports.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Managing the T&C strategic, integration, test simulation, T&C configuration management and problem issue resolution aspects of the T&C function
- Effective management of applicable interfaces with stakeholders affected by the afore-mentioned aspects.
- Ensuring the production of reliable, compelling and visually appealing reporting media for presentation to executive management regarding the performance of the strategic, test simulation, configuration and problem issue aspects under his control.
Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Reports to the T&C Director.
- Works closely with all of the members of the T&C Team, communicating frequently with the CEG team, the Stations Delivery Team, the Systemwide Delivery Team, and the supporting functions (such as Safety, Quality, Environmental, Planning, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of rail T&C strategic aspects, programme management and reporting work processes.
- Ability to effectively organise and manage a project team in a matrix organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard infrastructure project management tools, rail verification and validation tools, techniques and technologies, detailed understanding of requirements and configuration management in a systems engineering context, detailed understanding of BS EN 501xx standards requirements as they relate to the realisation, verification and validation of railway systems and infrastructure, excellent knowledge of the standards, codes and guidance issued by NR and LU.
" Knowledge and experience in the development of strategic and detailed plans to realise verification and validation in accordance with the contract obligations for Crossrail Ltd.
Role Specific Requirements
- Excellent engineering background - preferably engineering degree qualified and qualified to Chartered Engineer status.
- Strong programme management experience
- Strong reporting and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of mainline, LU and metro rail infrastructure and station services, with a good understanding of the specialist language used in the mainline, LU and metro rail sectors.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.