Please check your email .
A critical, exciting and instrumental position within the C660 project team.
To manage and drive the delivery of all C660 scope of works at a specific location, through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, driving the Comms Contractor’s performance, and resolution of problems. This extends through construction and Testing & Commissioning (T&C).
• Safety Culture at the location - setting the bar for C660 operations; driving the right safety culture & ensuring immediate reporting. Supporting joint site tours & inspections. Representing C660 at site safety meetings, reviews and events. Starting all meetings with a safety message.
• Supporting the Project Manager and/or Comms Delivery Manager in preparing communications and instructions to designated contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
• Nurturing strong relationships with the Site teams, with all entities:
- aligning & integrating plans
- negotiating, supporting access for the Contractor, to expedite the works
- pragmatic acceptance and tracking of Installation Release Notice's
- escalating issues quickly, injecting a sense of urgency
- attending / inputting to Daily Viz Board meetings on site
- attending at other regular site meetings (eg IPVW; weekly progress/ safety mtgs)
• Managing and driving the on-site C660 Contractor team
- Setting clear objectives, goals & challenging the Contractor’s plans.
- Holding the Contractor to account to deliver
- Thorough review of weekly Dashboards and demanding high quality data, prior to issue
- Driving the interfaces within the Comms Contractor, to ensure coordinated alignment
• Facilitating interfaces at designated site(s), including interfaces between designated contractors and adjacent contractors, including Principal Contractors.
• Monitoring and driving programme objectives, contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts. Working collaboratively to assess more efficient and effective ways of executing the works,
• Completing daily shift reports; keeping the Comms Delivery Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance and critical issues.
• Supporting the Comms Delivery Manager in managing key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor and community relations officers; monitoring contractors’ compliance with relevant Commitments.
• Providing constructability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.
• Reviewing the contractor’s works programme and liaising with others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
• Monitoring contractors compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logistics
• Providing support to the Project Field Engineer in monitoring contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and snag list items
• Monitoring and supporting the contractor’s compliance with Environmental, and Health and Safety requirements, escalating issues where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected
• The review and acceptance of contractor submittals as allocated.
• The implementation of the Review and Acceptance of Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
• Management, prioritisation and expediting of FOR’s, for the site
Mandatory CRL Requirements
• Proactively engage with all matters relating to health and safety, including following and promoting safe working procedures at all times.
• Act as a role model for Crossrail’s vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail’s Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
• Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
• Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail’s information or information systems at risk.
• To be responsible for the management of Health and Safety for direct reports.
Main Challenges of the Job
• Supporting the Employer in monitoring and driving the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity
• Supporting the Employer in protecting Crossrail’s reputation through management of stakeholders and monitoring contractor compliance with consents and commitments
• Supporting the Employer in managing interfaces with other Crossrail contracts and third parties beyond the contractor’s control.
• Experience of managing construction and T&C works on comparable major project infrastructure works
• Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
• Knowledge and experience of construction and/or T&C quality systems and processes
• Understanding of project controls processes
• Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
• Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
• Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents
Role Specific Requirements
• Practical knowledge of communications systems (e.g. PA/VA, CCTV, fibre, Customer Information Systems, Help Points & Telephony, networks, SCADA, Radio)
• Previous relevant experience in the construction or testing and commissioning project delivery of communications systems in the rail industry
• To drive the programme and be results driven
• To produce and challenge progress reports of construction and T&C activities
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.