Please check your email .
The structural composites research group at this client's Automotive Composites Research Centre are looking for talented and highly motivated support engineers to assist with the delivery of high-volume structural composite manufacturing solutions.
You will contribute to a recently announced project to drive the development of innovative lightweight vehicle structures. The project is delivering a step-change in automotive light-weighting capability within the UK supply chain by addressing structural performance at a design, material and volume manufacturing-level. Structural carbon fibre composite components are being developed and manufactured in their new Materials Engineering Centre using dedicated industry-leading facilities for composite and hybrid structures.
You will need to have completed an Engineering Apprenticeship, HNC/ONC in Engineering or similar qualification, and have relevant experience in a related engineering discipline/environment.
You will be have experience of continuous production equipment e.g. flexible packaging conversion, laminating, slitting.
Experience of materials testing/analysis, composite materials processing, or R&D within the automotive industry would be advantageous.
In return they will provide you with a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.
To provide technical support for academics, researchers, students and other staff. To engage with technicians, academics, researchers, students and any other organisation as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To operate and maintain industrial process equipment including the polymeric coating line (compounding line) and hydraulic presses. To design, manufacture and commission specialised research and experimental apparatus and equipment to very high level of accuracy to support both teaching and research activities in these areas
2. To consult and liaise with academics, students and other staff on the design, manufacture and use of apparatus and equipment. Dealing with both internal and external customers to meet technical specifications and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
3. To provide support for both student teaching labs and student projects, to advise concerning the feasibility of design, manufacture and use of equipment with regards to material selection and processing techniques. To teach and advise students on the use of equipment and apparatus.
4. To ensure health and safety legislation is adhered to by staff and students utilising teaching and research areas. To provide health and safety guidance and, when required, supervision for those working within the Engineering Facilities and associated laboratories with the use of relevant risk assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH information.
5. To assist in the maintenance and continued development of a diverse range of specialist equipment and apparatus, in order to facilitate the research and teaching and to ensure this is done adhering to current legislation and in the most cost effective manner.
The post holder must be able to demonstrate:
Successfully completed an Engineering Apprenticeship, HNC / ONC in Engineering or similar qualification
Experience in a related engineering discipline / environment.
Experience of working with continuous production equipment (e.g. flexible packaging conversion, laminating, slitting)
Experience in the installation and commissioning of industrial process equipment
Have worked effectively both independently and as part of a team within a project engineering environment
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Use of technical expertise and judgement to provide feasible and cost effective decisions on the provision of quality equipment and components
Conversant in computer software such as Microsoft Office.
Excellent interpersonal skills to enable professional interaction with academics, students, external partners and visitors
Excellent team working skills
A high degree of flexibility to respond to the changing needs of both academic and industry led research
Ability to work independently to tight deadlines to deliver high quality outcomes
A high level of health and safety awareness appropriate for the environment, and the ability to guide and supervise others in safe practice
Experience in Automotive Engineering
Experience in structural composites materials processing / engineering
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.