Please check your email .
Principal Geotechnical Engineer
My client is seeking a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to be part of the specialist Geotechnical discipline in Aberdeen, servicing the geotechnical needs of the North Sea & Canada region.
- Be a geotechnical focal point for tenders & projects, reporting to the Discipline Engineering Manager, and be part of developing a successful multi-national team
- Understand general geotechnical issues, offshore construction techniques and evaluate any associated financial / safety / quality implications to client
- Evaluate the suitability of available site investigation data on tenders & projects, and be able to specify / supervise complementary site investigations when needed
- Interpret and use offshore site investigation data, and integrate results into detailed design of subsea infrastructure
- Use of limit analysis for estimation of collapse load for foundations subject to complex loading. Use 2D & 3D finite element software for analysis and design of complex soil structure interaction problems
- Understand the nature of the various geo hazards affecting a site and evaluate their impact on the offshore construction
- Carry out soil/pipe interaction analysis, evaluate pipeline design issues, support pipeline engineering for associated items such as installation analysis, stability analysis, buckling and walking assessments, plus decommissioning
- Undertake detailed design and installation of gravity base, piled & suction piled subsea structures and evaluate/recommend reeled-pipe-lay initiation anchorages
- Contribute to R&D activities relating to Geotechnical subjects. Identify & overcome engineering problems using creative thinking & persistence
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse a problem, research past experiences & develop a smarter solution, thus contributing to developing new processes or technologies
- It is essential that candidates have experience with API, DNV & ISO standards
- Master degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering with specialisation in Geotechnical Engineering
- Candidates must be proficient in report writing and have the ability to present clear and concise calculation packages
This role will entail some 'short' duration trips or assignments in other locations, including overseas and offshore, as required
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.