Please check your email .
Service Desk Support
This role will be working with a highly established IT Services company specialising in Infrastructure technology and services including IT lifecycle management, Managed Services, and Consulting AND Project Services. They provide onsite and remote Managed Services for a variety of customers across Telecoms, Retail, Media and Financial Services. The Deskside Engineer will be based onsite with a fashion and homeware retailer based in Knowsley. The ideal candidate will be either a graduate with service desk experience or a proven Support Engineer looking for a role that will offer career progression, training and development opportunities. This role will involve out of hours support rota which includes server support in addition onsite expectations.
* Manage incoming service calls/mails/Alerts and make appropriate routing decisions
* First point of contact for customer incidents reported by phone, e-mail or by remote monitoring tools.
* Proactively drive tickets and workflow and assertively chase any tickets languishing in queues
* Monitor SLAs, escalate (and where possible help expedite) any threatened SLA breaches
* Complete service desk tasks and administration as defined by the business
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customer contacts, colleagues and management taking task guidance from the Service Desk Team Leader.
* Access Points
* Hand Held Scanners AND Truck Mounts - Repair only
* Backups / Restores
* Zebra Printers, Kyocera Printers (First Instance)
* Active Directory - Profile issues etc
* Exchange - Room/Mailbox/Calendar Access
* Switches - Scissor Lift operating for them or other resources.
* Cabling / Patching
* Head Office Wi-Fi
* Chip AND Pin support
* Mobile Phones
* Desktops, Laptops and Tablets - Build/Repair/Installation
* Peripheral Support - Keyboards/Mice/Wacom Tablets etc.
* Software Installation/Application Error troubleshooting/Software Issues
* ITSM Call management
* Data Archiving
* Store Scanners - Troubleshoot, create AND download packages
* Part of out of hours support rota which includes server support in addition onsite expectations.
* Experience working on a L1/L2 IT helpdesk/ service desk.
* Ability to work on your own initiative and learn new skills
* Positive and enthusiastic team player
* Excellent communication/ customer service skills and experience
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Operating Systems
* ITIL experience/Certification
* A degree in IT and/or IT qualifications.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.