Please check your email .
Our client is seeking several contract Project Planners. They are a multinational Defence & Security Company that provides a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior, Scout SV Armoured Vehicles, Ground Based Air Defence Systems and more.
Specific Job Description
Generating Reports and Planning Management data inputs to Function and Programme. Maintaining Generation, maintenance, review and reporting of the Integrated Master Schedule and associated performance metrics against the baseline. Incorporation of subcontractor schedules into the Master Schedule.
• Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness. Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions.
• Responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of planning and schedule management in support of program capture and execution.
• Leads proposal preparation planning including development of planning artefacts for solicitation response. Interfaces with program management, senior management and the contractual customer as the programs planning integrator.
• Validates cost and schedule integration for effective program performance management.
• Manages vertical and horizontal integration between all schedules and other program artefacts are compliant
• May provide leadership, direction and day to day management of other program planners if applicable.
• Devises modelling and measuring techniques to integrate risks and opportunities with schedule and cost baseline. Performs time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification and schedule risk assessments to assure the capability of the program to meet their commitments.
• Resolves schedule conflicts, develops and implements work-around strategies and tactical alternatives.
• Utilizes performance and health metrics analyses to drive actions resulting in improved program performance.
• Maintenance and status updates of the IMS on a weekly & monthly basis.
• Maintenance of the Performance Measurement Baseline.
• Creation and Maintenance of the Project Business Rhythm.
• Point of contact for both Suppliers and Clients.
• Attendance and Presentation of Schedule Information for client and management reviews.
• Creation of project status reports and slide decks
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• A strong individual who will ensure that best planning practice is always adhered to, even in occasional pressurised situations.
• Proven understanding of all aspects of Earned Value Management (EVM)
• The ability to quickly pick up new tool sets and processes, with good analytical skills.
• Proven ability to analyse schedules and cost data for impending difficulties and clearly communicate to Project Manager/Control Account Manager.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Working knowledge of and experience in MS Project 2007/2010 or similar scheduling tools.
• Working knowledge of and experience in SAP cost planning & reporting
• Experience in the development, maintenance and control of complex event-driven Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
• Experience in planning and scheduling in complex design and development programmes (preferably MoD or Defence related) and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.