Please check your email .
Our client currently have a permanent vacancy for a Lead Systems Engineer to provide technical leadership within an exciting programme that is delivering a once in a generation change to UK Air Traffic Management.
The successful candidate will be required to own and drive the Architecture, Requirements and Design elements of the programme through the whole engineering lifecycle. To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who can work at a strategic technical level to produce the high-level designs/overarching strategy/requirements and at the lower level detailed design. Key behavioural skills are the ability to work collaboratively and be proactive in working towards delivery targets. The environment is fast-paced and delivery focused and would suit an individual looking to enhance their career with a technical leadership role that drives a world class solution into service.
The role you will play
The successful candidate will have a full understanding of the principles of system engineering, be able to demonstrate past successes in working within and\or leading diverse engineering teams and will have prior experience leading Systems Engineering teams for a major programme involving accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers. Using their experience in Systems Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute Systems Engineering activities across the full lifecycle.
Duties will include but not limited to:
-Technical leadership of a significant portion of engineering activity of assigned programme
- Team leadership of a mutli-organisation team of architects and systems engineers
- Production of complex requirements baselines and service design packages
- Production of designs to address architectural gaps
- Close working and presentation to end users and senior stakeholders
- Technical leadership and co-ordination of 20+ lower level service groups to close out their service designs
- Close liaison with overall programme and technical leadership
- Earned Value Managed, Workpackage Management and cost/schedule/technical status reporting
- Risk management of technical areas
- Support to Test and Assurance activities
- Management of interface definitions
- Production of analysis verification reports
- Experience of architecture development across multiple, new and complex interfaces
- The ability to communicate at all levels about high level architecture as well as the low level design layers.
- Experience in converting high level requirements and Enterprise architectures into a Service Oriented Architecture.
- An ability to understand and translate customer needs and expectations
- Demonstrated experience in implementing all stages of the systems engineering lifecycle, at the portfolio/systems integration level
- Understanding of various system development methodologies
- Ability to lead, encourage and influence cross functional and multi-location teams
- Ability to define new processes and drive these through to their implementation
- Experience of working with multiple suppliers and stakeholders
- Confidence to work independently and within a fast-paced team
- Enthusiastic self-starter with excellent verbal communication skills
- Good experience with conducting presentations to stakeholders
- Some ITIL experience (in order to understand framework and best practice and how the designs/functionality produced will be used)
- Experience of utilising DOORS to manage requirements
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management systems or programmes desirable, however experience of equivalent domains or systems suitable
- Experience of transitioning from legacy systems to new capabilities
- Experience of model based system engineering methodologies and outputs
- Experience decomposing system of systems architectures and specification of systems at multiple levels
- Experience of specifying systems/services from user perspective and ability to produce abstract views of detailed internal service design
- Experience in designing Cloud-based Platforms would be an advantage, including large scale system virtualisation and orchestration
Contact: Ryan Townsend / Ryan.Townsend@arm.co.uk
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.