Please check your email .
Are you looking for a stepping stone into a global brand? Have a background in procurement, purchasing and administration? If so, apply now.
Our client is an expanding construction and mining equipment manufacturer with multiple sites across the UK, China, US and Japan. A number of new projects have been taken on and there is a need to expand the team to suit demand.
1. Administration of the 'spot buy' requisition process.
2. Expediting internal customer Purchase Orders and resolving day to day customer queries.
3. Resolving invoice queries relating to POD'S & Price, obtaining credit notes where relevant.
4. Resolve delivery note queries relating to indirect consumable purchases.
5. Filing and maintaining indirect purchasing records, eg, reqs, p/o's supplier set up details.
6. Administration of the Peterlee vendor details system ie, setting up and amending supplier
details in Peterlee systems.
Has awareness of the following aspects of daily indirect purchasing activity :
1. Fluids - knows where and who to contact for Oils, Gases, Diesel, Antifreeze, Leak
2. PPE - Aware of where and who to contact for shopfloor PPE consumables.
3. Welding Wire & Consumables - Aware of where and who to contact for shopfloor welding
4. Abrasives - Aware of where and who to contact for shopfloor abrasive consumables.
5. Adhesives/Sealants - Aware of where and who to contact for shopfloor adhesive/sealant
6. Laser/Robot consumables - Aware of where and who to contact for shopfloor laser/robot
7. Shotblast - Aware of where and who to contact for steel shot for Start Work Centre
8. Furmanite Borer & Heller machining centre - Aware where and who to contact for
Furmanite and Heller machine spares.
9. Lifting Equipment - Aware of where and who to contact for lifting equipment and
is aware of the necessity for SWL plant no. tagging on all items.
10. Equipment Hire - Aware of where and who to contact for all major items occasionally
needing hire, eg heaters, fans, generators, cranes.
11. Repairs to major equipment in shopfloor use - Aware of where and who to contact
for repairs to air tools, fork trucks, ladders & weld platforms & air moving equip.
1. Contact with AP Dept - knows how to begin resolving invoicing queries that require
authorisation by the budget holder, how to make payments by cheque req, how to tackle
situation where suppliers threaten to stop the account.
2. Vendor Management - knows what is meant by vendor management and who the on-site
suppliers are presently providing vendor management.
3. Faxban P/O Sheets-knows how to administer, update, issue and control the numerous faxban
sheets used to ensure continuity of consumable supplies in the absence of a site stores
4. Sarbanes Oxley- Aware of the Caterpillar auditing system where company procedures require
adherence to and governance by Sarbanes-Oxley legislation.
5. COSHH- Aware that any new materials, fluids etc, requested for introduction to site are
assessed by the COSHH team, with the appropriate 16 point MSDS sheet, and approval
given before items can be used.
*Please note that this role will not support sponsorship*
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.