Please check your email .
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, excellent bonus, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
Applicants must be a UK/EU resident to be considered for this position
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the Manufacturing Advanced Planning team supporting global projects. You will play a key role in providing global support for product introduction, asset utilisation and process alignment projects across our global facilities.
What’s the role?
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will have responsibility to lead key projects and play a lead role in the development and implementation of new and existing manufacturing processes in Combustion Engine Assembly, Test and Finish.
You will work closely with local manufacturing engineering specialists and project engineers as well as cross-functional departments and global manufacturing facilities within Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD).
Job Duties/Responsibilities many include, but are not limited to:
• Manufacturing process alignment, product introduction & asset utilisation projects throughout global engine facilities
• Successfully introduce and implement new/existing products into full production
• Produce global manufacturing engineering standards
• Plan and coordinate the procurement, installation and capability of new manufacturing related equipment
• Ensure latest manufacturing technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations ensuring delivered within time and budgetary targets
• Work with external suppliers to design equipment, buy off new equipment, and approve specifications for modification of equipment
• Be directly involved in the resolution of quality defects, utilising root cause analysis, 8D and other 6 Sigma tools
• Apply techniques for determining work balance within workstations and adjoining processes
• Participate fully in Quality Management Systems and manufacturing APQP activities e.g. developing Process Flows, PFMEAs, Control Plans, Standard Work Documentation etc.
• Supporting the use, development and implementation of Manufacturing systems including planning and executions systems
Skills / Experience / Qualifications you will have:
• Previous Manufacturing Engineering experience
• Project management experience in a manufacturing discipline
• Experience of introducing new products and/or managing considerable change within the manufacturing environment
• Experience of implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques, utilisation of problem solving and root cause analysis tools
• Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business and build collaborative relationships
• Some travel required (5% - 15% of working time)
Skills / Experience / Qualifications you may have (not essential):
• Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a Technical Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
• Knowledge of Combustion Engine Assembly, Test or Finish processes
• Experience of automated equipment installation and/or programming and controls
• Knowledge of manufacturing systems such as ERP, PLM or manufacturing execution systems
• Experience of 3D modelling or 2D CAD experience
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.