Please check your email .
Our client is a global leader within the shipping industry, and due to recent success and expansion it is looking for a Nautical Advisor to join its team in its office in London.
In this position you will be responsible for providing expert guidance on the operational, navigational, Cargo/Ballast and Mooring related activities in the carriage of LNG. The Nautical advisor will also be expected to stand in for the assigned voyage manager in the event of their absence.
- Prepares detailed opinions on LNG ship management navigational and operational support for commercial teams new business bid activity
- Gather information and provide advice on specialist operations such as navigation in ice, FSRU and FSU operation
- Provide nautical advice on projects to fleet manager services at the appraisal stage
- Promote Health and Safety as a Corporate Value.
- Prepares ship specific operational procedures for FSU/FSRU new business.
- Coordinate with relevant shore based resources to support the vessels.
- Conducts detailed ship shore compatibility studies prior to vessels calling at a new LNG Terminal, including mooring analysis using OPTIMOOR software
- Participates in projects as advised by fleet manager services
- Provide expert guidance on the operational, navigational, cargo / ballast and mooring related activities in the carriage of LNG
- Carry out regular risk reviews for vessel operations, as appropriate, and ensure appropriate actions are taken.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably educated as and had experience as a marine deck or equivalent to Class 1, degree level or equivalent to the satisfaction of the General
- Manager/Managing Director
- Understanding of cargo containment system, cargo handling equipment and systems on board vessels managed
- Understanding of technical, cargo and port operations for the vessel types managed
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.