Please check your email .
Our marine client based in Southampton are looking for an experienced sales professional to become their newly appointed Head of Business Development for the Port. This brand new opportunity means you will be leading from the front, with your main focus to attract new business into the port including land and maritime based commercial activity.
1. Responsible for attracting new business to the port including maritime- and land-orientated commercial activity.
2. Develop and implement a marketing strategy for us that proves effective in attracting new business.
3. Work with the team to design and develop the business development plan for business, including the allocation of port space to individual customers.
4. Review and revise the company business plan in line with developing revenue opportunities.
5. Provide market intelligence for the company and advise on which industries to target for future business.
6. Develop and implement new systems and processes for sales and marketing reporting and monitoring.
7. Lead on commercial activity including drafting Heads of terms, Contracts and Non Disclosure Agreements.
8. Setting and negotiating prices for current and potential customers of the business.
9. Being the initial point of contact for all enquiries on commercial activity to ensure the business is presented as a professional and effective organisation.
1. Deep experience in the port and shipping industry.
2. An effective network across the port and shipping industry that provides strong market intelligence and attracts business.
3. Demonstrable knowledge of market opportunities suitable for a port the size of ours and which markets to target.
3. Commercial experience, particularly in producing Heads of Terms and contracts.
4. Strong sales and marketing skills that will widen the reputation of the business and attract new business to the port.
5. A deep understanding of port operations and port development, including the use of technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
6. Ability to work as part of a senior leadership team under high pressure and at a fast pace.
7. A track record of sales and marketing activity that led to hitting or exceeding targets
The ideal candidate will have come from a shipping/maritime/port background who might have the network within the industry to hit the ground running as well as the ability to 'hit the ground running'.
Please contact Jasmine for more information on this role; along with a copy of your CV, notice period information and interview availability.
Send all applications to: Jasmine.email@example.com
*Applications & Phone Screen Interviews close Friday 21st June - 9am.
| Face to Face Interviews are being held w/c 24th June.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.