Please check your email .
This is a rare opportunity to work as a Vehicle Test Technician in a varied position that could take you anywhere in the world, offer you full training and offer you an exciting opportunity to test various vehicles, generators, boats and trains.
We are looking for an organised, self-motivated individual, who always understands the critical importance of robust testing procedures and being professional. Full training will be given but you will be required to be flexible to travel when and where required to the needs of the business locally and throughout Europe.
The role of a Junior PEMS (Portable Emissions Measurement System) Technician would suit a flexible individual with an interest in vehicle emissions and air quality and enjoys a variety of challenges day to day. The role will require the applicant to manage testing of various vehicles, generators, boats and trains supported by a Senior Technician.
The role will require travel, as the primary focus will be on testing in various locations in the UK and across Europe.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• To execute project plans as provided by the General Manager.
• To manage the health and efficiency of the equipment in the field and diagnose and rectify faults as they arise.
• To safely rig the test equipment to the vehicle and conduct on road tests with professionalism.
• Download and process test data and upload to RDE site, this will include conducting the cleaning process and marker creation.
• To liaise with clients on the ground in the absence of a more senior member of staff.
• To ensure that company test procedures are always followed.
• Ensure HSE compliance.
• Travel to test in other locations throughout the UK, Germany and USA when required, often at short notice.
• Communicate with other technical staff and the General Manager on the progress of testing.
• Provide accurate and efficient emissions measurements.
• Provide first line quality assessment of data.
• Ensuring project test plans are followed.
• Communicate with management frequently.
• Travelling to various locations to perform testing for a range of clients.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to use a wide variety of PEMS and accompanying software. (training will be provided)
• Having a conscientious approach to valuable and sensitive test equipment.
• Ability to communicate progress of project test plans with the General Manager.
• IT literate with the ability to use basic computer programs and grasp new software quickly.
• An mechanical background is desirable.
• Experience of PEMS is preferable but on the job training will be provided.
• Ability to design, weld and fabricate is desirable.
• Cat B Licence is essential as there is a high level of driving involved in the role
• HGV Class 2 or 1 would be desirable
• Experience of driving in Europe would be beneficial.
• Basic knowledge of how to repair and maintain electrical equipment.
• A basic understanding of PEMS testing.
• An understanding of the company and what we are about.
• Knowledge of the emissions and air quality issues.
• Confident working with numbers.
• Problem solving mindset.
• High level of interest in driving.
• Good social skills for interactions with other staff members and clients.
• Positive mentality with the ability to learn at pace.
• Self-motivated and professional.
• Flexible to travel at short notice, i.e. 1 week.
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as demonstrating a high level of team contribution.
• Pro-active and well presented.
• Willingness to work away from home for short periods of time, including weekends.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.