Please check your email .
Shop Floor Supervisor
The first Ford Fiesta went on sale in the UK, Red Rum wins the Grand National for the third time.
And Kenny Dalglish became the most expensive footballer with his transfer from Celtic to Liverpool for £440,000.
Meanwhile In a galaxy far far away a film is shown in cinemas in the Uk for the first time that captures the heart and imaginations of children and adults alike.
And in North Somerset a company opens that fabricates and installs windows and door systems decided to make the move to suppling extruded aluminium to fabricators.
Fast forward 42 years the fiesta is still on sale although hardly recognisable from the original, Red Rum is a thing of legend. Footballers are a ‘little’ bit more expensive. Star Wars is still one of the most popular films of all time and still producing sequels and prequels.
The company based in North Somerset now has an annual turnover in excess of £80 million employing over 300 people.
Here is your opportunity to join this well-established manufacturer of extruded aluminium
We are looking for a Shop Floor Supervisor to work on our Door Department
What will you be doing ?
• To actively promote a world class Health, Safety and Environmental friendly work culture
• To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with company procedure
• To co-ordinate, organise and manage the door team
You will be accountable for..
• Schedule adherence
• Monitoring and auditing door staff in respect to their safety performance
• Ensuring the departments correct use of PPE
• Ensuring that adequate training is provided and training records are maintained for employees and agency staff
• Work is carried out in line with the standard operating procedures of the department
• Ensuring that all efforts are being made to achieve production output targets in line with schedules and coordinate with other departments as necessary
• Ensuring that quality standards are achieved and maintained
• Ensuring that the product meets the requirements of the customer orders
• Making the most efficient use of employees and machinery under their control with a focus on continuous improvement
• Run daily departmental meetings , presenting metrics and highlighting issues to support functions
• Supervision of Door department
• Ensuring that there are adequate staff levels and the management of holidays, sickness, absence
• To deputise as the most responsible person in the absence of the manager
• Managing team to ensure the performance of the department is maximised through coaching and guidance
• Demonstrating high level of people management skills and be able to communicate at all levels both verbally and written
• Monitoring and management of staff performance
The production of doors incorporates the following processes:- Hot glue Machine, CNC machines, Packing Machine, Guillotine, Press brake, Table Saw, Test Rig, (welding only if qualified), Door assembly and Quality Control.
To apply or for more information please contact me on the details below
Ben.firstname.lastname@example.org or 02392228262
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.