Please check your email .
Our client who are a large global aerospace and defence company are currently seeking a Systems Manager to be based in Whiteley on a permanent basis.
The Systems Manager will be the key liaison between the UK Infrastructure & Apps Manager, the Apps Dev team and IT departments including; Programme Management Office, Service Desk, Network, Desktop, Applications Development and Asset Management, and will also liaise with the Global Accounting team.
- Planning and execution of all Data Centre Infrastructure (DCI) deliverables and milestones - oversee the day to day operations of the DCI team, providing continuous service improvement through proactive response
- Responsible for ensuring the staff are meeting and exceeding expectations regarding performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed consistently to provide effective customer service and meet requirements
- Ensuring all SLA's are monitored and met on a day to day basis
- Tracking and trouble-shooting issues, change controls acting as a point of escalation within the team, resolution of 2nd/3rd line Systems issues
- Maintains, updates DCI team resource plan
- Growing and maintaining the DCI portfolio, including roadmap development to enhance our products and service delivery.
- Understands content, processes, and procedures associated with implementing enterprise services. Writes functional requirements, develops test plans, and works with production issues.
- Project initiation and scoping of business and technical requirements
- Creation of SoW, design documentation, Visio diagrams, project plans
- Working within the company Project Framework
- Liaise and engages with relevant stakeholders including end client, business partners and other teams within EIT to promote capability of service
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience of leading a variety of Projects and end-user facing service environments
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship building skills with the ability to form partnerships to drive consensus, identify and address issues
- Ability to understand business work flows, create new workflows and test scripts
- Experience of creating SoW, detailed system designs/documentation
- Ability to manage and focus team on agreed priorities, under pressure and to SLA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at both a technical and business level
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and strong can do approach, team motivator
- Delivery orientated team player
- Experience of leading\managing a small team
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
- ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation
- Working within secure and export-controlled environments
- Development and full lifecycle support of Enterprise services including Exchange, SharePoint, Skype, Storage etc
Contact: Ryan Townsend / Ryan.Townsend@arm.co.uk
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.